- What is a case? Is it the same as a ticket, issue or bug?
A case is whatever you need it to be. It can represent a bug, a ticket, an issue, a feature, a milestone or even a whole project.
- How do I create a case?
There are several ways to create cases:
- Manually enter case information through the website.
- Cases can be created by email. If your account alias is "support" (e.g., http://support.envoyapp.com/), then email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will become new cases automatically.
- Cases can also be created through the Envoy API.
- How do I assign a case?
You assign a case by changing its owner when you edit it.
- Can I assign a case to more than one person?
No, only one person can own a case at a time. This is because if more than one person has responsibility for something, it usually means that nobody has.
- How do I close a case?
Only the person who opened a case can close it. It a case was added automatically (for example, by email or through the API) it can only be closed by the first person to edit it. If a case is assigned to you and is currently active, you can:
- If the case was created by you, you can mark it as closed.
- If the case was not created by you, you can mark it as resolved. It will automatically be assigned to you
- How do I delete a case?
Cases can not be deleted. This is to ensure transparency and accountability in the system.
- Can I bulk edit cases?
Yes. There is a checkbox next to every case in a case view. When you check a box, bulk editing options will appear.
- Does Envoy support projects or milestones?
At the moment, Envoy does not support projects or milestones, except as cases themselves.